~These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and [that] your joy might be full. (John 15:11)~


Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ladies Christmas Meeting December 3, 2011

OK, here I am with our Christmas meeting.  I said I hope to get caught up in a couple of weeks.  Well, so far I am on track.  I just have one more to do since we only have meetings every two months.  Hopefully, it will be up in a few days.  Maybe I have procrastinated a little, but on the other hand if you are babysitting grand children, helping hubby with book keeping,  taking sermon notes and getting them sent off to be posted on the church web site among other things, well that is part of the reason I stay behind.  Besides,  
Why put off today what you can put off again tomorrow?  :)
 
The best part about procrastination is that you are never bored, because you always have number of tasks that you should be working on. :)  


Don't you just love to smile?  Laughter is such a good medicine. 


Well, with all that said, let us move on.



What a beautiful Christmas Meeting we had!  Two of our ladies, Jenny and Hannah took charge and helped provide beautiful decorations and scrumptious food.   We had somewhat of a traditional meeting with a few games, some Christmas Carols, and a devotional by Mrs. Mary Rosenau.
Our games included Name that Christmas Carol.  Below are the clues:
      • down where He lay
      • silent stars go by
      • in Heavenly peace
      • ride and sing
      • field and fountain
      • and sweet the words
      • dancing in the night
      • a cold winter's night
      • made of snow
      • how are thy leaves
      • gather near to us
      • I used to know
      • snow is glistening
      • no place to go
      • King of angels
      • triumph of the skies
      • the mountains in reply
      • deep and crisp
      • prepare Him room
      • our finest gifts
      • to you and your kin
      • dressed up like Eskimos
      • only in my dreams
      • my true love
      • the weary world rejoices
      • smile after smile
Now check your answers and see how many you got right!
1. Away in a Manger, 2. O Little Town of Bethlehem, 3. Silent Night, 4. Jingle Bells, 5. We Three Kings of Orient Are, 6. I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, 7. Do You Hear What I Hear?, 8. The First Noel, 9. Frosty the Snowman, 10. O Christmas Tree, 11. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, 12. White Christmas,       13. Winter Wonderland, 14. Let it Snow, 15. O Come All Ye Faithful, 16. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing,     17. Angels We Have Heard on High, 18. Good King Wencelas, 19. Joy to the World, 20. Little Drummer Boy, 21. We Wish You a Merry Christmas, 22. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire ...),    23. I'll Be Home for Christmas,  24. The Twelve Days of Christmas, 25. O Holy Night, 26. Silver Bells

We than divided into groups and sang:
The Twelve Days of Christmas Praise to the tune of Twelve Days of Christmas:  Here are the Words:
  1. On the first day of Christmas, Jesus gave to me… Salvation…full and free.
  2. On the second day of Christmas, Jesus gave to me…Everlasting life and Salvation…full and free.
  3. On the third day of Christmas, Jesus gave to me…Peace in my heart, Everlasting life and Salvation…full and free.
  4. On the fourth day of Christmas, Jesus gave to me…Love for all men, Peace in my heart, Everlasting life and Salvation…full and free.
  5. On the fifth day of Christmas, Jesus gave to me…Joy for my soul, Love for all men, Peace in my heart, Everlasting life and Salvation…full and free.
  6. On the sixth day of Christmas, Jesus gave to me…Power from on high, Joy for my soul, Love for all men, Peace in my heart, Everlasting life and Salvation…full and free.
  7. On the seventh day of Christmas, Jesus gave to me…a Body glorified, Power from on high, Joy for my soul, Love for all men, Peace in my heart, Everlasting life and Salvation…full and free.
  8. On the eighth day of Christmas, Jesus gave to me…a Robe and a Crown, a Body glorified, Power from on high, Joy for my soul, Love for all men, Peace in my heart, Everlasting life and Salvation…full and free.
  9. On the ninth day of Christmas, Jesus gave to me…Mansions up above, a Robe and a Crown, a Body glorified, Power from on high, Joy for my soul, Love for all men, Peace in my heart, Everlasting life and Salvation…full and free.
  10. On the tenth day of Christmas, Jesus gave to me…a Street of pure gold, Mansions up above, a Robe and a Crown, a Body glorified, Power from on high, Joy for my soul, Love for all men, Peace in my heart, Everlasting life and Salvation…full and free.
  11. On the eleventh day of Christmas, Jesus gave to me…a Thousand Tongues to sing, a Street of pure gold, Mansions up above, a Robe and a Crown, a Body glorified, Power from on high, Joy for my soul, Love for all men, Peace in my heart, Everlasting life and Salvation…full and free.
  12. On the twelfth day of Christmas, Jesus gave to me…Eternity to praise, a Thousand Tongues to sing, a Street of pure gold, Mansions up above, a Robe and a Crown, a Body glorified, Power from on high, Joy for my soul, Love for all men, Peace in my heart, Everlasting life and Salvation…full and free.                                 ~Carroll Robertson


Preparing food and decorating
   P1070973P1070974P1070975P1070976P1070977P1070978P1070980 - CopyP1070981P1070979P1070982P1070984P1070985

Fun and Fellowship
P1070986P1070987P1070988

P1070989

Mrs. Bettie Upton leads in some Christmas Carols
Mrs. Mary Rosenau, who works for Ambassador Baptist College,  blessed us with a devotion from God’s Word. 
These are two of our wonderful Senior Saints who have stayed faithful through the years and continue to serve the Lord.  What a blessing they are to all of us!
P1070990-1P1070991-1 

I did get a little bit of video, but not so great as it should have been.



I hope your Christmas 2011 was a time of reflecting upon our Savior and why He came to earth.  For without Him we would have no Christmas at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME

Welcome to a Ladies Be Joyful. Would you like to live a joyful life? You have come to the right place. The greatest joy you can have in your life is to find Jesus Christ as your Savior. He offers abundant life to anyone who puts their trust in Him. There is more than enough for everyone! When you have found new life in Christ you have crossed God's bridge to eternal life. When we cross from this life into life eternal, that will be another great joy! So if you have not experienced new life in Christ then look here or here to find out how to experience that joyful moment which brings peace that passes all understanding.
As you visit, perhaps you will find some other resources that will contribute to more joy in your life. It is my desire that these resources will be beneficial to you and will bring some extra joy into your life. May the Lord's blessing be upon you and may you know Him and the abundant joy that only He can give.

Full Joy

~These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and [that] your joy might be full. (John 15:11)~